Kailash Parvat is a special mountain in the Himalayas, far away in Tibet. People from different religions like Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, and Bönpo think it is very important and holy.
Hindu religions believe that Lord Shiva lives on Kailash Parvat. That’s why many people go there on a pilgrimage. But Kailash Parvat is not only important for religious. It’s also a really interesting mountain!
It has cool things about it that scientists have been trying to understand for a long time. In this blog post, we will tell you 50 Interesting Facts About Kailash Parvat.
50 Interesting Facts About Kailash Parvat
1. Kailash Parvat is a mountain peak situated in the Kailash Range of the Trans-Himalayas, in the Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
2. Kailash Parvat shaped like a four-sided pyramid with a flat top and rises to an altitude of 6,638 meters.
3. Kailash Parvat is considered a sacred mountain by four different religions – Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon.
4. It is believed that circumambulating Kailash Parvat brings good luck and spiritual merit to a person, and completing 108 revolutions around the mountain is considered especially auspicious.
5. The mountain is source of four major rivers – Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra, and last one Karnali.
6. The mountain is surrounded by other peaks that are equally majestic, including Gurla Mandhata, Rakshastal, and Lake Manasarovar.
7. It is believed that Lord Shiva, one of the main deities in Hinduism, resides on the peak of Kailash Parvat with Parvati Devi.
8. Kailash Parvat has never been climbed to its peak, and in fact, climbing the mountain is strictly forbidden by the Chinese government.
9. In 2013, a group of Indian scientists discovered a lake beneath the ice on Kailash Parvat, which is believed to be over 15 million years old and may contain microbial life forms.
10. Kailash Parvat is known for its extreme weather conditions, with temperatures dropping to below freezing and winds reaching over 100 km/h (62 mph) during the winter season.
Read this article – English thoughts with Hindi meaning
10 Interesting Facts About Kailash Parvat
11. Kailash Parvat is a really tall mountain in Tibet, and it formed around 50 million years ago.
12. The mountain is home to some rare and special animals like the snow leopard & Tibetan antelope.
13. Kailash Parvat has four faces, each looking in a different direction.
14. Walking around the mountain is a really tough trek called Kailash Kora or Kailash Parikrama.
15. The Manasarovar Lake at the base of Kailash Parvat is where four big rivers come from.
16. Kailash Parvat is also called “precious snow mountain” or Gang Rinpoche in Tibetan.
17. Some people think that taking a dip in the cold water of the Manasarovar Lake can make you pure and clean of sins.
18. Kailash Parvat is surrounded by many stories from history and religion, like the story of Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati.
19. In 2001, some people found a strange rock on Kailash Parvat that looked like it was made by people a really long time ago. But nobody knows what it was for or where it came from.
20. Kailash Parvat is a really special and interesting place, and people from all over the world come to visit and see its beauty.
Mysterious Facts About Kailash Parvat
21. We don’t know exactly when and why people started going on a pilgrimage to Kailash Parvat.
22. Even though Kailash Parvat is in a remote area, ancient texts say it was once a trade route. How did people travel there in the past?
23. In 2001, a man-made rock structure was found on Kailash Parvat, but we still don’t know what it was used for.
24. We don’t know how Kailash Parvat’s unique features, like the four faces and Manasarovar Lake, formed in such a remote location.
25. Some people have claimed to complete the Kailash Kora trek quickly without showing any signs of altitude sickness or fatigue. How did they do it?
26. Despite being in an area with lots of earthquakes, Kailash Parvat has not been affected much. How is it so resistant to natural disasters?
27. Some people believe there are secret tunnels under Kailash Parvat that connect to other sacred sites, but there is no proof.
28. Kailash Parvat is said to be indestructible and where the gods live, but we don’t know how this belief started.
29. Researchers have noticed that Kailash Parvat has unique magnetic properties, but we don’t know why.
30. Although Kailash Parvat is a place of harmony, there have been conflicts between religious groups over access to the mountain. How can we ensure everyone can visit in peace?
Why Is Mount Kailash Unclimbable ?
Mount Kailash is considered a sacred site by several religions – Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, and Bonpos. Climbing the mountain is seen as disrespectful and sacrilegious by many, which has led to opposition and prevented climbers from scaling the mountain.
Situated in a remote part of Tibet, reaching Mount Kailash is a long and arduous journey. The terrain is treacherous, with high altitude, unpredictable weather, and rough terrain, making it difficult to climb.
The Chinese government does not issue climbing permits for Mount Kailash. Even if they did, climbers would still face opposition from religious groups and local communities who oppose climbing the mountain.
Many pilgrims visit Mount Kailash to perform the Kora, a sacred circumambulation of the mountain. Climbing the mountain goes against the spiritual traditions of many religions and could disrupt the balance of the natural environment.
There are many legends and myths surrounding Mount Kailash, some of which suggest that the mountain is a gateway to another realm or a place of immense power.
These legends have contributed to the mountain’s mystical reputation and may discourage climbers from attempting to scale it.
To sum it up, Kailash Parvat is a unique and awe-inspiring destination that has a rich history and cultural significance. It attracts people from world who seek spiritual enlightenment, adventure & exploration.
Whether you’re planning a pilgrimage or simply dreaming of visiting one day, Kailash Parvat is a truly remarkable place that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
I hope you like these 30 Interesting Facts About Kailash Parvat, Thanks for reading ❤️
Related – 50 Facts About Mount Ararat In Turkey